Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New version Broke my Generator after each compilation
Hello, I have download the new version of your spline plugin.

After each compilation, all my generator who are desactivated, with no AutoRefresh broke like that:
[Image: IHwnpmxNtjb_broke.PNG]
Hi,
1- What Curvy version where you using before?
2- Can you link the modules again?
3- Can you please send me a scene that reproduce the issue?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
After reloading Unity, the problem desapeair... impossible to reproduce it.
Well, I'll keep you informed if it happens again, and how
Ok, thanks for your help
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
I have the same problem, very anoying !
But now, I have found how to do the bug:

I am in unity 2019.2.0f1, with your new version of curvy.

- create a simple spline
- create a simple generator, with a Shape extrusion template.
- when the shape is generated nicely, apply this setting to the script CurvyGenerator:

[Image: IJkmEYn5PpP_generator.PNG]

Then, go to visual studio, and change something in your code:
Unity now compile in the background while you are still on visual studio. I don't know if it's affect our problem.

Then, go back to unity, and surprise:
[Image: IJkmIqamyXP_Capture.PNG]

-the shape is no longer visible in the scene view
-all the link are broken.

I have found even worst:

When my generator have still the link, and if I desactive the InputSplinePath component, after compiling, here the result:

[Image: IJkmU3ADjoP_broke.PNG]

What is my goal ?
I just want to be able to desactivate and re-activate a Generator on the fly:

I have a big big road with a generator on it. It lag when I am moving the spline.
- I want to desactivate the generator it when I do nothing (that why I want to set it enabled = false), and still have the mesh present.

- When I am moving the spline: I don't want to generator to update, unstead, I want to activate it AFTER when i am pressing a button

But as you see, after each compilation, if I let the generator disabled, the mesh disapair, so I can't do that Sad

(in editor mode only, NOT in play mode)

The best way I would like to do, is to be able to remove the Create Mesh object from the parent generator, like that:
[Image: IJkm3NUGU1P_create.PNG]

But then, If I desactivate the Generator, like that:
[Image: IJkm5c0Qp3P_disactive.PNG]

Then I have the mesh displayed, and not the generator.

The problem is when I activate the generator again: it doesn't find the Mesh.

How can I change the code of the Generator, to be able to keep the link of the "Create Mesh" object, even when moving it form the hierarchy ?

Thanks again, this Generator give me nightmare, every time I try to do something with it, it broke Sad

The best way I would like to do, is to be able to remove the Create Mesh object from the parent generator, like that:
[Image: IJkm3NUGU1P_create.PNG]

But then, If I desactivate the Generator, like that:
[Image: IJkm5c0Qp3P_disactive.PNG]

Then I have the mesh displayed, and not the generator.

The problem is when I activate the generator again: it doesn't find the Mesh.

How can I change the code of the Generator, to be able to keep the link of the "Create Mesh" object, even when moving it form the hierarchy ?

Thanks again, this Generator give me nightmare, every time I try to do something with it, it broke Sad
Hi
Disabling the components lead to issues. Prefer disabling the game object instead.
To stop the generator from working, untick in its inspector the "auto refresh" property.
The Create mesh module has a "Save to scene" button that you might find usefull https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/generator/modules/createmesh#export
Did I answer all the questions?
Have a nice day
Unfortunatly, the "Auto refresh" boolean doesn't work. Even at false, if I change the spline, the generator still update. That's why I wanted to desactivate the scripts
(10-14-2019, 08:42 AM)UsernameHed Wrote: Unfortunatly, the "Auto refresh" boolean doesn't work. Even at false, if I change the spline, the generator still update. That's why I wanted to desactivate the scripts

Hi,
I am back from vacation, and started working on your issue. After testing I noticed that Auto Refresh is ignored when the extrusion path's spline is a gameobject outside of the Curvy Generator's hierarchy. I am right now trying to understand why it happens and fix it. I will keep you updated
(10-10-2019, 12:34 PM)UsernameHed Wrote: - create a simple spline
- create a simple generator, with a Shape extrusion template.
- when the shape is generated nicely, apply this setting to the script CurvyGenerator:

[Image: IJkmEYn5PpP_generator.PNG]

Then, go to visual studio, and change something in your code:
Unity now compile in the background while you are still on visual studio. I don't know if it's affect our problem.

Then, go back to unity, and surprise:
[Image: IJkmIqamyXP_Capture.PNG]

-the shape is no longer visible in the scene view
-all the link are broken.

And about this specific issue, I could not reproduce it. If you have a reproduction scene or any additional information, that would help.
(11-04-2019, 02:14 PM)_Aka_ Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 08:42 AM)UsernameHed Wrote: Unfortunatly, the "Auto refresh" boolean doesn't work. Even at false, if I change the spline, the generator still update. That's why I wanted to desactivate the scripts

Hi,
I am back from vacation, and started working on your issue. After testing I noticed that Auto Refresh is ignored when the extrusion path's spline is a gameobject outside of the Curvy Generator's hierarchy. I am right now trying to understand why it happens and fix it. I will keep you updated

Hi,
I have a fix for this. It will be in the next update. I send you the fix in PM.
Have a nice day

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 Yesterday, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 0 6 Yesterday, 03:23 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Generating GO only on CPs in Generator GameDeveloperek4123 1 6 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
Question Generator Canvas workflow issues Sacryn 1 7 02-02-2024, 11:22 PM