Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spline always going up into the air?
Shocked 
Hi,

I'm making good progress in general, but one thing I'm finding a lot is the track always starts to go up and then remains raised off the ground. I have made sure the terrain is totally flat (even removed the grass in case it was that! and it still happens. I know there is a conform to shape option but I don't think I'm using it, at least I don't see it! And like I say the terrain is totally flat any way? Are there other things I can check to see why it's doing this?

The code I'm using to lay the track is taking the mouse position but I don't think it's that causing it as I 0 the Y axis. The terrain is at 0 and the main spline object is at 0, so I'm getting really confused. It doesn't keep going up by the way it reaches this sort of height then stays at it if that helps.

track.Add(new Vector3(hit.point.x ,0,hit.point.z));

[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]

Well, I seem to have worked it out but now getting another error... I had set the collider to convex and it seems that makes it rise up against itself as if its terrain/an object?

But turning off convex now gives me the error below, trouble is I can't un-tick trigger as it's greyed out?

Triggers on concave MeshColliders are not supported
UnityEngine.ColliderConfusedet_isTrigger(Boolean)

[Image: Untitled-2.jpg]
Just tick Convex to degray Is Trigger, untick that one, then untick Convex
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Can you tell it's been a long day Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin I feel like such an idiot... thank you though!
I have to say it's still going up by the smallest amount, its barely noticeable but it's lifting slightly off the flat ground, I'm not using the conform path module in the generator (the path is flat anyway), is there any way to stop this happening? Would in fact using conform path force it down on to the flat terrain?
isn't it because your extruded shape is a bit too high?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(07-19-2020, 01:18 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: isn't it because your extruded shape is a bit too high?

I'm not entirely sure, it still seems it might be reacting to other colliders (possibly), is there a built in way of stopping it conforming to any colliders except terrain ones? I think you mentioned an update for conforming to terrain so perhaps that would fix this for me when it's ready?
This might happen because you have a collider set for the road, and that collider collides with the terrain. Try not setting any collider in the Create Mesh module.
The improvement on the conform path would not influence that, especially that you are not using the conform path from my understanding

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 1 1 10 hours ago
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 2 10 hours ago
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM