Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allow higher amount of mesh-faces on extrusion
Hi,

I'd love to have one public int being added to solve the following problem:

I had a problem extruding a circle shape with a small radius.
I like to keep my Projects on a 1 unit = 1 meter scale. So when I created a cable and set the shape to circle and its radius to 0.05 the extruded mesh has only 3 faces and was a triangle. I tried to lower the angle threshhold and set more Cps and points per unit for the input spline with the same result.

So after digging through the code I found the number of minimum faces hardcoded in SplineInputModuleBase.cs on line 269. This should be a public setting to allow us small scale meshes with high resolution.

Thanks for theĀ great asset though! Smile
Hi,
The problem is not there, but in the cache density of your spline. For very small splines, the default cache density is not high enough. Read this to see how to fix that:
https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/performancetips#set_the_correct_number_of_cache_points
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
I hadĀ Cache Density at 100 which does not work as I would think it should?:
[Image: p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5]

It only starts having an effect when i massively turn up the Max Points per Unit. Then I get like 8 mesh faces:
[Image: p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5]
I got drop box error when trying to access your images.

Like stated in the documentation, Cache Density allows the cache points to go up to "Max Points Per Unit" points per unit. It is meant to be an easy way to fine tune. If you want to increase drastically the number of cache points, then it is "Max Points Per Unit" that should be increased like you did.

In case you were not aware of it, you can show the cache points by clicking on the View Settings icon in the toolbar.

Once I get the images, or better, the reproduction scene (keep in mind this is a public forum) I can help you further.

Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Incorrect mesh alignment after extrusion on curved path Thinkurvy 10 19 04-17-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Adjust radius of generated mesh via script? Shackman 1 4 03-26-2024, 01:12 PM
  Not seeing mesh extended after following YT PaulM 1 3 02-02-2024, 12:01 PM
  Trigger Zones along Spline Mesh dlees9191 1 5 01-05-2024, 10:18 AM