Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gizmos not showing in the editor 2019.3.1 & 3.6
Hello, 
I've been using Curvy for quite a few years now but when I imported it on a new project I don't see the gizmos for each control point anymore or the curve line . Show gizmos is turned on in the inspector as well.

So how do we fix this?

To add on it, it doesn't show in the example projects either
A possible explanation is that the Unity's gizmos toggle is disabled. It happened to another of my customers before. Was that the problem?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(06-13-2020, 11:03 AM)_Aka_ Wrote: A possible explanation is that the Unity's gizmos toggle is disabled. It happened to another of my customers before. Was that the problem?

Hey, that was the first thing i checked so it's definitely not that :Smile I can send the project if needed but it was just an empty project and just to be sure of that, i made another project and tried again   

Here's a video of it 

https://youtu.be/ZIqa23yzf8E

(06-13-2020, 01:27 PM)athos_k Wrote:
(06-13-2020, 11:03 AM)_Aka_ Wrote: A possible explanation is that the Unity's gizmos toggle is disabled. It happened to another of my customers before. Was that the problem?

Hey, that was the first thing i checked so it's definitely not that :Smile I can send the project if needed but it was just an empty project and just to be sure of that, i made another project and tried again   

Here's a video of it 

https://youtu.be/ZIqa23yzf8E

What's weird it's they pop up for a second when I hit play
(06-13-2020, 01:27 PM)athos_k Wrote: I can send the project if needed but it was just an empty project and just to be sure of that, i made another project and tried again

I am guessing the issue was still there in the second project too, but can you confirm that please.

From the data I have, I don't see what is wrong, and as you can imagine, neither me nor any other customer I am aware of are having the issue. So here is what I suggest:
  1. Try modify or disable Curvy's toolbar: since the gizmos are displayed when you enter playmode for a moment, and in that moment the toolbar is not displayed, maybe there is a link between the two. https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/preferences#show_global_toolbar
  2. Add a debug log in the CurvySplineSegments.doGizmos method, at the 3rd line, and see if it called when the gizmo is hidden or not.
  3. Send me the reproduction project anyways: I don't expect much from this, but who knows. Please do not share publicly Curvy Splines' content
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(06-13-2020, 03:36 PM)_Aka_ Wrote:
(06-13-2020, 01:27 PM)athos_k Wrote: I can send the project if needed but it was just an empty project and just to be sure of that, i made another project and tried again

I am guessing the issue was still there in the second project too, but can you confirm that please.

From the data I have, I don't see what is wrong, and as you can imagine, neither me nor any other customer I am aware of are having the issue. So here is what I suggest:
  1. Try modify or disable Curvy's toolbar: since the gizmos are displayed when you enter playmode for a moment, and in that moment the toolbar is not displayed, maybe there is a link between the two. https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/preferences#show_global_toolbar
  2. Add a debug log in the CurvySplineSegments.doGizmos method, at the 3rd line, and see if it called when the gizmo is hidden or not.
  3. Send me the reproduction project anyways: I don't expect much from this, but who knows. Please do not share publicly Curvy Splines' content

Ugh,
Here what was the issue, the View started with None by default. I enabled them and it works fine

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Splines Built In Editor Undo causes issues. Lupos 1 9 10-02-2023, 08:52 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Can Curve Spline be used for an in game level editor. Lupos 30 71 06-03-2023, 10:58 AM
Video Spline Gizmos & Segments Invisible while Drawing ricke 19 51 04-14-2023, 01:41 AM
Last Post: ricke
Brick Extending Curvy to make a Hallway editor. JacobSL 5 396 02-13-2023, 09:29 AM