Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MaterialId option not supported
Hello, I am using Unity 2019.3.11 with HDRP 7.3. I am unable to use materialIds in the spline for shape extrusion. In the 'Input Spline Path' node for the cross I get a warning saying 'MaterialId option not supported!' Is using HRDP got anything to do with this? If not then what could I do to resolve this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi,
I will take a look at this very soon. If I understand well you try to have varying materials along the extrusion's length?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
I'm hoping to vary the materials along the cross spline. The nodes have differing materialIds in their 'Meta CG Options'.

I've just started using this asset today, so maybe I'm using it wrong. I'm using the material option on the Extrusion node. Only when I tick that I get the warning. This this what I need to do to achieve what I want?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks to your code comments I realised I needed to use a 'Input Spline Shape' node instead of 'Input Spline Path'. However, I'm still not getting the material variations. I'll keep cracking at it.

I finally got it working after switching options on/off. When I finally toggled Materials on it seemed to work.
You can see examples of usage of material variations in train scenes, like scene 12, where it is used on the rails. Check the "RailtrackShapeMain" object in that scene, and see how its Control Points have different material ids
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Squash To Fit Option for Deform Mesh? richard_firehose 1 12 11-05-2022, 02:25 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
Question Spline path "Range" option: how to go from end to start CP? niuage 4 13 03-07-2022, 10:48 AM
Last Post: niuage
  Updating MaterialID in MetaCGOptions at Runtime boriskourt 5 939 06-16-2021, 03:54 PM
  Input Spline Path Material Option not suported Andrei 3 1,314 12-15-2020, 12:20 PM