Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using shape extrusion with small shapes
I'm attempting to use the shape extrusion to create small wires (~.005 m radius), and I'm running into issues getting the mesh to spawn at all.  I've created a circle as my input spline path for my cross, but when it's used, the cross is only sampled two times.  I've pt the resolution to the max, and it doesn't change it, and when I try checking "Inlclude CP" in the cross options, a warning pops up saying "IncludeCP option not supported" on the input spline path.  Is there an alternative to use that supports including CP?  Or is there any other way to force the shape extrusion to sample the cross at the scale I need? This is supporting a HoloLens application, so the actual scale is critical.
Hi,
Increasing Cache Density should fix this issue. Please take a look at this:
https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/splines/cache#the_number_of_cache_sample_points
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
I was able to get that to work by increasing the cache denisty to 100 and the max points per unit to 400 (that gave me 10 cross samples, the spline length is only 0.02).

Is there a reason the include cp option doesn't work for the input spline path on a shape extrusion?  That would be my preferred way of controlling it, as it is currently I will have to do calculations every time to find the diameter of the wire (as they aren't all the same) and then back out the appropriate max points per unit to make sure I have my target sample number, if I could just use the include cp option it would save me that headache.
Hi,
I will dig into this weekend, and will let you know about my findings.
Have a nice weekend
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hi,
The Shape Extrusion module is supposed to have an Input Spline Shape module as a Cross to be able to use the Include CP.
I agree with you, having Include CP working with an Input Spline Path can be helpful in some situations. I will try to improve this in the future. For now, and in your case, using an Input Spline Shape instead of an Input Spline Path should solve the issue
Have a nice day
Great, thanks so much! I had actually missed that there was an Input Spline Shape in addition to the Input Spline Path, so I will go ahead and switch that over.

(02-15-2020, 11:51 AM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi,
The Shape Extrusion module is supposed to have an Input Spline Shape module as a Cross to be able to use the Include CP.
I agree with you, having Include CP working with an Input Spline Path can be helpful in some situations. I will try to improve this in the future. For now, and in your case, using an Input Spline Shape instead of an Input Spline Path should solve the issue
Have a nice day

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I want to improve the performance of Variable Mix Shapes yanke 7 8 07-27-2023, 09:15 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Fading in/out extrusion mesh of a spline? _RicO 3 5 07-25-2023, 09:40 PM
  Animating a shape on along a spline will not playback in scene or game views sam_bond 3 9 05-03-2023, 11:41 AM
  Shapes points orientation itsGama 3 8 01-18-2023, 02:51 PM