Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
make "GetCurrentControlPoint" in SplineController more accessable
Hi folks,

first of all i wanna say that your asset is quiet nice!
At the moment i am working on a system where objects should follow a list of splines and should have some
breaks at specific positions (ControlPoints/SegmentPoints). Also they should lower there speed on approaching.
To archive this i implemented a new Controller derieved from SplineController. The problem is to get the current
and the next Controlpoint because the method "GetCurrentControlPoint" is set to private. I think it make sense to
put it at least on protected.

greetings,
Sebastian.  Rolleyes
Hi,

Thanks for the compliment.

When I wrote GetCurrentControlPoint, I wasn't expecting it to be used by any other class. Since you inherit from SplineController, I see why you might need it. Normally I would have thought that people will use CurvySpline's methods such as TfToSegment or DistanceToSegment.

I am thinking of reworking the implementation of SplineController in one of the next updates to avoid some edge cases and add some features. I will then think about making GetCurrentControlPoint accessible if its existence is still needed.

Thanks for the suggestion, and have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hi,
I will soon release the update I spoke about. GetCurrentControlPoint was removed. To get the current control point, use the existing CurvySpline methods such as TFToSegment and DistanceToSegment. This is how the controller does it.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to make fast moving controller go all the way to linear points?(curvy8) hawken 7 12 06-06-2023, 09:47 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
Brick Extending Curvy to make a Hallway editor. JacobSL 5 396 02-13-2023, 09:29 AM
  Way to make gameobject follow splines 'human-ly'? yun844 3 11 01-17-2023, 10:18 AM
  How to make mesh appear only on curves? Vancete 2 18 01-09-2023, 09:10 AM