Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curvy & Playmaker: Strafe Character to Left or Right on spline (rail)
Question 
Good day! Sorry for repost from playmaker forum..

The character move on the spline created with a Curvy.
Requires: ability strafe player model to the left or right without interrupting moving on the spline (rail). What method can be done using actions PM (and Curvy?)?
Thank you for your attention.

Scene based on Rails.unity
As center I have Curvy Spline. Else Curvy SplineLeft (left side) and Curvy SplineRight (right side)

and some actions...

a player does not move to left or right.. maybe doing something wrong(

So, how may I change curve line where placed Player controller in realtime? Maybe not with Curvy asset.. it so interesting task) Yesterday was test with Add Force, Translate, Transform - and got lags)))
Because Runner on plane or shape not beautiful.. Road based on splines looks so great!)
Sry for my bad English..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi,

I've already posted an answer on the playmaker forum before reading this Wink

First you should consider using the "Curvy Move Along Spline" action, it's more versatile and offers more options. Though "Align to Spline" works as well, it's more suited for static placement.

If I understand you right you want to offset the object to the left or right from it's position on the spline. So after you positioned the object just use the Translate action to shift it along it's own x-axis (Space=Self). This should do the trick.

Does this help?

Jake
(09-25-2013, 10:59 AM)Jake Wrote: Hi,

First you should consider using the "Curvy Move Along Spline" action, it's more versatile and offers more options. Though "Align to Spline" works as well, it's more suited for static placement.

If I understand you right you want to offset the object to the left or right from it's position on the spline. So after you positioned the object just use the Translate action to shift it along it's own x-axis (Space=Self). This should do the trick.

Does this help?

Jake
Yes, very successfully solution!!!! It working!

p.s. i want using control character without your script... In Playmaker.. left-right realized.. but jump work in process..
(09-27-2013, 05:29 AM)dxpsite Wrote:

Does this help?

Jake

p.s. i want using control character without your script... In Playmaker.. left-right realized.. but jump work in process..

If you let the "MoveAlongSpline" action set your rotation, translate the local(self) y-axis to jump!
(09-27-2013, 09:22 AM)Jake Wrote:
(09-27-2013, 05:29 AM)dxpsite Wrote:

Does this help?

Jake

If you let the "MoveAlongSpline" action set your rotation, translate the local(self) y-axis to jump!

sorry, but rotate or set Y position unavailable in Curvy Move Along Spline..
I Made jump from example.. trouble: camera follow to left, to right and jump without smooth motions

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Check "SetRotation" to rotate the GameObject to the spline, then use an additional Translate action!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 2 9 hours ago
Last Post: _Aka_
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
  Using Unity's SplineContainer in Curvy Splines dlees9191 3 12 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
  Keeping a fixed spline length jh092 3 16 02-21-2024, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Primrose44