Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple controllers on one spline breaks stuff
Hi, it's me again, sorry, but I have encountered something really odd that I don't know how to solve. When I attach more than one controller to a spline things break when I press play.

I have an empty as a parent for all the objects(3d objects) I want to move, and on the empty, I have the controller script. This works as long as there are only one controller on the spline. When I add more parent empties to the spline this happens:

1. Some the the children to the empties gets stuck and refuses to move along spline. It's always the same children.

2. The position the empties have on the spline when I press start is not the same as in edit mode. Their offset to each other changes.

The spline they move on is an open spline with its first control point moving along a second spline.

What should I do?
Can you please send me the scene?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Only the scene file, nothing else?
(12-28-2019, 10:35 PM)Lupp_ Wrote: Only the scene file, nothing else?

If there is anything else you should include for the scene to work, please do. The goal is for me to reproduce the scenario you described. I will take a look at this monday
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Not sure, it would be Playmaker but you have that. Please let me know if there is something else.
I want add that I've tried making a new spline and replaced the controller scripts, but it doesn't help.
Hi,
Sorry I couldn't answer on Monday.
I was not able to reproduce the issue. I attached to this post a zip. It contains:
  • your scene test.unity as a reference
  • Scene 1 and Scene 2, which are modified versions of your scene
  • a Cube prefab, used in Scene 1 and Scene 2
Your scene uses prefabs and scripts that are not included in your zip. So to be able to test, I made two scenes:
  • Scene 1 is the same than test, except that I removed the gameobjects that are instances of a missing prefab, and replaced the needed ones of them with instances of the Cube prefab.
  • Scene 2 is the same than Scene 1, expect that I removed all objects that are not either splines or controllers. This was to get ride of errors due to missing scripts
In both scenes I could not reproduce the issue.
What I suggest you is to:
  1. Test with scene 2
  2. If you could reproduce the bug, let me know.
  3. If you could not, this means that the issue comes from one of the objects that are in your test scene but not in Scene 2. Gradually remove objects from test until you find the culprit.
That's it for now.
Happy new year

Attached Files
.zip   Lupp Controller Issue.zip (Size: 102.24 KB / Downloads: 1)
Hi, happy new year.

I tried your scene 2 and it looks like it worked so I tried to add my objects. It broke the same way.

I've attached all I think you need to recreate this. I've saved your scene with my modifications. Just unzip these to the project root and it should look like it does for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/75afqoehq6cqxev/Scenes.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wbkd3n3jsn8z0q/Game%20Assets.zip?dl=0
Hi,
I see the issue now.
Keep in mind that this forum is public, so if what you shared is private, please edit your post and remove the links
The issue happens only for objects using the "RetopoGroup5" mesh, which get replaced/renamed by a mesh called "Combined mesh (root: scene)". I don't know what is happening in the project that makes this specific mesh to change, but I really don't believe it is related to Curvy Splines.
I tried to remove the objects using that mesh (obj6 instances) then recreating them and it seems to work.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 1 1 Yesterday, 10:12 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 2 Yesterday, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM