Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spawn object on Curvy Spline.
Hello everyone,
I want to spawn object on Curvy Spline at position that I click on it. For example, I click on the third Cache Point of Spline, it will spawn an Sphere at this point, then Sphere can Play on spline.
Thanks and Regards,
Hi,
You wan to to do that in play-mode or edit-mode?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Basically, her is how to do it:
  1. Get the direction of the ray representing your click. See Unity's API for that
  2. Get the nearest point on the spline from your ray, more on that at the bottom of this post
  3. Get the TF of that nearest point. If you ask what is TF: https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/splines/start#units
  4. Create your controller and set its relative position to that TF
About step 2, right now there is no methods in Curvy Spline to get the nearest point from a spline. But you can find those methods in the link bellow. It is not yet part of the official Curvy Splines release:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8k5uwhirs13qq...J0nja?dl=0
Please do not use the files from dropbox to replace your own Curvy Spline files (files of the same name in the Curvy folder), since the drop box files are based on an old Curvy Splines version. Just copy the GetNearestPointTF and GetNearestPointF methods that accepts a ray as a parameter, such as:
public float GetNearestPointTF(Ray ray)
public float GetNearestPointTF(Ray ray, out Vector3 nearest)
etc

Was my answer clear?
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
And if it helps, here is the scene I tested the code with

Attached Files
.zip   NearestRay.zip (Size: 5.23 KB / Downloads: 4)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 Yesterday, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 0 4 Yesterday, 03:23 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM