Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shape Extrusion Scale
Hi, 

I encountered what I think to be a bug in the way that the [Build Shape Extrusion] Module should behave with [Build Volume Caps]. It happens when using a custom Animation Curve for the scale of the [Build Shape Extrusion] Module, the problem is that the module doesn't account for the Animation Curve scale value when using with the Volume Caps. And it's the case only for the last cap and not the first one. 

Please refer to the following image to get a better understanding of what I mean : https://pasteboard.co/IFg17vz.png

I hope this could be a simple fix or a workaround since the logic for accounting for the scale is already there, I believe the scaling should be done in regards to each cap. 

Kind regards, 
maabed
Hi,
Thanks for the bug report. From first look, it shouldn't be difficult to fix. Will update this thread once it is done.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(11-05-2019, 05:45 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi,
Thanks for the bug report. From first look, it shouldn't be difficult to fix. Will update this thread once it is done.
Have a nice day
Hi, 

Thank you very much for your reply. I'm very eager to hear from you Smile

I tried to go through the source myself, however, I couldn't find the logic that relates the Volume Caps scale to the custom animation curve. 

Have a great evening,
Maabed
Hi Again,

After digging through the source code once more (which is an excellent code base by the way and it makes you feel that it was written by very smart people) I was able to figure it out. The issue is related to the LibTessDotNet library, more specifically it happens when creating the contour for the end cap. Since the segment index was set to 0, the vertices get welded with the first cap vertices causing the scaling to be dependent on the first cap. Whereas the contour should be created for last segment index.

Also, I think the same kind of behaviour will happen when creating volume holes for the caps (Just a guess, I haven't tested it out yet).

Here's a screenshot that demonstrates the fix: https://pasteboard.co/IFkHkgA.png

And here's the expected result: https://pasteboard.co/IFkIRbO.png

Hope this would be helpful for someone else Smile

Best,
Maabed
(11-05-2019, 09:18 PM)maabed Wrote: which is an excellent code base by the way and it makes you feel that it was written by very smart people

Thank you. Most of the code was written by Jake, the asset creator who does not work anymore on the asset.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
And thank you for sharing the fix. It will be included in the next update.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fading in/out extrusion mesh of a spline? _RicO 3 5 07-25-2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Animating a shape on along a spline will not playback in scene or game views sam_bond 3 9 05-03-2023, 11:41 AM
  Manually controlling scale of each CP Maldruzard 1 5 03-27-2023, 10:58 AM
  Inaccuracies with offseted Shape Extrusions MichaelMenzi 6 15 12-14-2022, 10:22 AM