Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monotonically increasing segment F
Hello,

I'm using the SplineController class to navigate a spline with constant speed. While the object is on a specific segment I want to get the local segment F and drive some other system with it and I want the F to move at constant speed between 0 and 1 on the segment. I'm using SplineController.Spline.TFToSegment to get the local F.
   The problem is the sampled local F values form a curve like this, when plotted, instead of a straight line:
[Image: 6WBA4.png]

Is there any way to get a monotonically increasing local F?

Thanks
Hello
F isn't necessarly proportional to distance. Please read this for more details
https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/splines/start#units
The API has some convertion methods like CurvySplineSegment.LocalFToDistance
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hello,

Thanks for the reply, Aka. I'm posting a small follow-up in case anyone else needs this.
The solution is:
Code:
float positionOnSegment;
CurvySplineSegment segment = Spline.DistanceToSegment(SplineController.AbsolutePosition, out positionOnSegment);
float percentageOnSegment = positionOnSegment/ segment.Length;
TL;DR convert from absolute distance to percentage

Have a nice day
thanks
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 1 2 Yesterday, 10:23 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Is there a way to extrude a bit past a spline segment? Lupos 1 6 05-09-2023, 09:55 AM
  How can I remove one segment of the road that I made by spline? Chanon 3 7 09-14-2022, 04:44 PM
  How to get Split Length to match spline segment length? dromo 4 28 07-21-2022, 10:04 PM