Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curvy Spline mover is jerky
Hello,

Can you tell me why this jerkiness might be occuring in the curvy spline mover? I have the rigidbody set to kinematic and no other script should be affecting its velocity.

https://streamable.com/z788c

Thank you for your time.
Hi,
This might happen if you update your controller in Fixed Update (see the Update In value in the controller), while your camera is updated in Update or LateUpdate, and the physics FPS is different than the rendering FPS.
Is this what is happening?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(08-15-2019, 10:18 AM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi,
This might happen if you update your controller in Fixed Update (see the Update In value in the controller), while your camera is updated in Update or LateUpdate, and the physics FPS is different than the rendering FPS.
Is this what is happening?

Thank you! I ended up setting the target FPS and that fixed everything. 

I have one more question if its okay to ask in this thread. 

Is there a way to rotate the splines at run-time? When I rotate the curvyspline object, the spline itself will move and rotate but the rendered mesh will not. I even tried unchecking static mesh.

Thanks again.
How do you render the mesh?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(08-15-2019, 11:28 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: How do you render the mesh?

I figured it out. I was using the curvy generator and just had to uncheck "Make Static"

Thanks again!
You are welcome Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 0 0 2 hours ago
Last Post: ShiroeYamamoto
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 Yesterday, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 0 6 Yesterday, 03:23 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: _Aka_