Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Splines Connections Problems
Hello, I Have 2 spline in a car game, a road spline, and a spline of the player who follow the road. So I need to connect some points between both splines.

And I have Streaming of scene:
I main scene, who can load multiple level (in each level, there are a Spline of the road, and a spline of the player)

The probleme is: the connection between the spline is storred in the _CurvyGlobal_ object. I need the connection to be storred in a local object in each scenes.
Hi,
Give me some time and I will send you a modified version of the code that does that. I will then, later, consider doing this change for the "official" Curvy code if it makes sense to do so.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
A question: besides the main level that acts as a scene loader, do you load multiple levels at the same time?
If not, why not include the _CurvyGlobal_ in each level? and have all of them being instances of a prefab, that way you can edit them all easily
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Oh sorry, I didn't Had a notification about your response, and I kind of forget.

Yes my scene loader can load multiple scene, for performance reason I load all of them at start, and active/desactive what I want.
With that kind of setup, Singleton are extremly problematic.

and secondly, even if I had a prefabs of _curvyGlobal, 2 things:
- I think this object is created automaticly, even in my main scene (But I think I have seen that i could desactivate that)
- Secondly, a unity probleme: since I'm using the editor to add/subb object, unity does'nt want me to use DestroyImmediate inside an prefabs in the scene :Sad so i'm limited in terme of prefabs.

Don't bother modify it only for me, it's more a suggestion for you in the future Wink
Thanks for the explanation.
So, did you find a work around?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Connections Problem Juton 3 14 03-06-2024, 10:41 AM
  Using Unity's SplineContainer in Curvy Splines dlees9191 3 14 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
  Distance travelled across multiple splines jh092 1 7 02-23-2024, 09:44 AM