Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to generate right angle road
Wink 
As the image show, If I want create a right angle road, it seems collapsed in the corner. How to fix it?
Thanks.

.zip   TestCurvy.zip (Size: 28.83 KB / Downloads: 1)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi,
Based on your scene, if you set the angle threshold to 0.1 in the Shape Extrusion module, and set the Max Points Per Unit to 50 in the spline named Input Spline Path_2_Spline, you will get the following result:

Much better, but still not a right angle.
If this result is not good enough, let me know and I will try to figure out a solution for your use case
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Yes, that works.
But if you turn on the material and you'll see the texture is not perfect in the corner.
Maybe splines should deal with spline road, not the right angle case.
Don't worry, I've use 3dsmax make the right angle roads.
Thanks!
After the update I currently work on, I will investigate how to make Curvy work perfectly with use cases such as yours. I will keep you updated if I have anything new.

Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(07-05-2019, 11:08 AM)_Aka_ Wrote: After the update I currently work on, I will investigate how to make Curvy work perfectly with use cases such as yours. I will keep you updated if I have anything new.

Have a nice day

Hi!

Is there any progress on this matter? I have very similar case so I'm interested.

Thanks!
Sorry, I didn't really advance on this subject, this task got buried by other ones. I will take a look at this at some point in the future, but I can't tell when exactly
Ok fair enough, I will be following the topic. Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to create a road texture at runtime? artsung 1 4 01-30-2024, 09:30 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Cant Generate Meshes At Runtime alms94 5 22 01-26-2024, 11:27 AM
Bug Corner Angle Revisited SAMYTHEBIGJUICY 10 14 01-02-2024, 10:12 AM
  How to generate mesh on spline at runtime? _RicO 8 17 07-19-2023, 08:55 AM