Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving freely on the Y axis?
I have a player controlled object moving along a spline. Being locked to X and Z is perfect but I want it to be able to fall and jump.
All I've been able to do is edit the offset which won't work in this situation because it's always relative to the spline. I want the Y axis of the object to be totally independent of the spline if possible.
Hi,
There is no option to selectively choose the dimensions that the controller modifies. You can override the controller's InitializedApplyDeltaTime method so that it saves the controller's Y coordinate at the method start, and applies it at the method end.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Thanks for the answer. I think what I'll do instead is copy a technique I saw elsewhere, where the object turns so that "forward" is always towards the nearest point on a spline. Would something like this be possible with Curvy?
Yes, you can override InitializedApplyDeltaTime also to modify the rotation after each update. You can see an example of getting the nearest point on a spline if you look at the provided example scene 05_NearestPoint.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debug message when moving over CP not working. funkd 5 80 07-12-2019, 11:15 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Trying to create a moving train that slows and stops at stations Novian 7 2,314 09-13-2018, 08:46 PM
Last Post: ClaudePorter
  Moving spline controller with parent game object jvalenzuela 7 3,192 06-02-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Path Controller GameObject parent / attach to another to another Moving GameObject. chiako3D 4 2,746 04-24-2018, 06:47 AM
Last Post: chiako3D