Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exporting the mesh issue
Hello there and sorry for the continuous posts.

I think though it would be more beneficial if we would keep it as it is in separate threads.

I think there may be an issue with the exporting mesh from the generator. 

When you check the split selection from the exporting functionality of the mesh volume you get various amount of pieces. Lets say 10 in our case. So far so good. 

Though the first exported mesh is not the first piece. It is actually the entire mesh of the generated mesh. This means that if you want to render the mesh ( like in my case ) partially or let the occlusion culling do its job better you are missing the first piece. 

Version 5.0.0  
Unity 2018.3.0f2
Hi,

You don't have to be sorry, feel free to post whenever you have something to say. Plus, when you get used to Curvy as I am, you might not notice anymore some things that can be enhanced. Having a fresh point of view like yours can be beneficial.

About the mesh export issue, I did a simple reproduction attempt, but the exported meshes were correctly split. I attached the scene and meshes from my test.

Can you confirm that my test scene does not reproduce the issue, and if so, can you send me a scene that reproduces it?

And as always, have a nice day Smile

Attached Files
.zip   MeshExport.zip (Size: 62.75 KB / Downloads: 1)
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Oh ok something is missing from my first information i guess. You have to have the selection of the spline as closed. So that you can form a closed loop. In your example it works but if you select the closed selection then you will be able to reproduce the issue.
I still can't reproduce it, even with the spline closed. I attached the files related to my second attempt. Can you check this one please?

Attached Files
.zip   MeshExport-2.zip (Size: 145.74 KB / Downloads: 1)
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Yes i just tested it and you are right. In your scene it is not happening.

I rechecked also to reimport the plugin and this made the issue go away...!!!!!

I guess this might have been some strange unity issue with the serialization or something. I cannot make any other logical assumption as to why it was happening. I will keep you informed though since i have 7 more tracks to create.
ok

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not seeing mesh extended after following YT PaulM 1 3 02-02-2024, 12:01 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Trigger Zones along Spline Mesh dlees9191 1 5 01-05-2024, 10:18 AM
  Get spline from generated mesh beartrox 1 5 11-27-2023, 12:30 PM
  Making "gaps" in the generated spline mesh VoltDriver 6 24 11-22-2023, 11:34 PM