Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import SVG to JSON??
(11-15-2018, 08:22 PM)Saurabh Wrote: Yes you are right. I am using Math.abs() on all handles in javascript. 
Issue found then. Keep the negative signs of the handles when there is one, and your spline should be exported correctly

(11-15-2018, 08:22 PM)Saurabh Wrote: Sorry. I have moved on from the import process to creating the game art. It's taking a lot of time. Will get back to this later.
No problem. If and when needed, please let me know.

(11-15-2018, 08:22 PM)Saurabh Wrote: JSON file is attached. It's in the SimpleSpline.zip file.
I was meaning the JSON as exported by the original exporter, without any modification related to Curvy. But it's not important anymore.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
I did a simple screenshot from Adobe Illustrator. Looks like node points are messed up with control points.

Hi,
Sorry I am not familiar with Adobe Illustrator. Can you explain to me what is the problem and what is the expected result?
Thanks and have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hi,
I am not the author of the original question.
I just noticed that you asked the author to make a screenshot with control points enabled to help investigate his original problem. 
So I did it and I think that the AI export script from the author is messing node points with control points positions. That's all.
Thanks for your help.
The screenshot is not really needed anymore because I am pretty sure I found what the issue is:
https://forum.curvyeditor.com/thread-612-post-2191.html#pid2191
Saurabh was forcing all handles coordinates to have a positive value by using Math.abs, which he/she shouldn't.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Import/Export, Spline from code Mos Def 4 783 02-14-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Import splines from GeoJson Qpid36 4 4,084 11-22-2019, 03:45 PM
  3ds max import? turbo 9 11,956 09-16-2019, 01:36 PM
  Unable to import in 2018.4.2 LTS unity romit99 1 2,192 06-25-2019, 11:56 AM