Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a threaded pole along a spline?
Can you do something like this on Curvy? I tried searching the forum and tutorials, but didn't find anything.
[Image: ditch-threaded-rod-reprap-3d-printer-upg...axis-4.jpg]
[Image: lamp-pipe-threaded-pipe-bending-pipe-bra...5b0605.JPG]

What I would like to accieve is a spline "tube" that has actual 3D threads twisted around the main pathmesh. Any help or pointers?
Hi,

There isn't an out of the box solution to do that. What you can do is either:
  • Using the API, make your own shape that is a spiral following a curved line. As a reference, you can take a look at the implementation of the Spiral shape (which follows a straight line), which is the CSShape class. This and this might be helpful.
  • Using the API, make a Curvy Generator module which rolls a spline around another one. I attached an example, a scene that uses a modified version of ModifierTRSPath, that makes an extruded straight mesh roll around it center. This is just for reference since it is not production ready code at all.
I hope this helped. Have a nice day.

Attached Files
.zip   Example.zip (Size: 181.1 KB / Downloads: 1)
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
  Keeping a fixed spline length jh092 3 16 02-21-2024, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Primrose44
  How could I get position in spline from "From" value in BuildRasterizedPath? Chanon 1 8 02-12-2024, 09:54 PM