Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make the generated mesh readable ?
Hi !

I wrote a  mesh deformer script which is modifying mesh vertices at runtime.
It was working great with another plugin "m*ga shap*s" : https://vimeo.com/278707282
But I decided to switch to Curvy for better features. The only issue I have is that the generated mesh is not readable :

"Not allowed to  access vertices on mesh 'Combined Mesh (root: scene) Instance' (isReadable is false; Read/Write must be enabled in import settings)
UnityEngine.Mesh:get_vertices()"

I tried to use mesh.UploadMeshData(false) inside the "CreateMesh" script, checking/unchecking the "combine" option, generate the .mesh asset, but it makes no difference. 
Do you have any idea about where and which code can I edit to make the generated mesh readable at runtime ?

Thank you so much for your support !

Regards,
Anthony
Hi,
I am right now on vacation, with no access to a computer, so I can't provide you with a tested solution.
In this page https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Mesh-isReadable.html, it is said that "A dynamic Mesh created from script always returns true". This makes me ask "Are you using the dynamically generated mesh?". If your answer is Yes, then try generate a .mesh asset, and use it after setting its "Read/Write Enabled" in its inspector.
I hope this helps. Please let me know if you still have the issue, while precising the Unity and Curvy versions.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
It works ! for some reason the "static" checkbox was checked and this why the mesh was not readable...
Thank you for your great help !
regards
You are welcome. Have a nice day.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not seeing mesh extended after following YT PaulM 1 3 02-02-2024, 12:01 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Trigger Zones along Spline Mesh dlees9191 1 5 01-05-2024, 10:18 AM
  Get spline from generated mesh beartrox 1 5 11-27-2023, 12:30 PM
  Making "gaps" in the generated spline mesh VoltDriver 6 24 11-22-2023, 11:34 PM