Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spline Approximation List
Hi,

I am trying to get a object to slightly travel in front of the main gameobject that I have travelling on the spline.

I am wondering how to get the halfway point between two control points perhaps using the approximation list.
public Vector3 lookAtTarget;
public Vector3[] looktargets;
    public void SwitchtoNextFlightSegment(CurvySplineMoveEventArgs e)
    {
        looktargets = e.ControlPoint.Approximation;
        CurvySplineSegment controlPoint = e.ControlPoint;

int listposition =  Mathf.RoundToInt((Manager.gamesystem.scPlayer.Position * 1.1f) * looktargets.Length);  //10% more on the list;
                lookAtTarget = looktargets[listposition];

// look at position in playercontroller

}

wondering what is the best practice for looking ahead down the spline from current position..  Thanks!
(07-01-2018, 05:23 PM)skyboard Wrote: I am wondering how to get the halfway point between two control points perhaps using the approximation list.

If your first control point is called cpOne, then the halfway position is cp1.Interpolate(0.5f).
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Also, I highly advise you to read this
https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/splines/start#units
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 1 1 Yesterday, 10:12 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 2 Yesterday, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM