Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movement speed
Curious about something

This is a pretty typical object translation 

Code:
transform.position += transform.forward * MoveSpeed * Time.deltaTime;

If MoveSpeed = 5.7, would that be the same speed as if I put 5.7 into the Movement Speed along a spline?

I'm making an object shape the player that's aligned to a spline, but this chaser won't be on a spline.. so the numbers have to relate.  Right now, 5.7 makes the chaser MUCH faster than my player.
(05-30-2018, 09:16 PM)mythstified Wrote: If MoveSpeed = 5.7, would that be the same speed as if I put 5.7 into the Movement Speed along a spline?

Yes, it should. Make sure that Move Mode is not set to Relative, in which case 5.7 would not mean 5.7 meters per second, but 5.7 times the spline length per second.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(05-30-2018, 11:24 PM)_Aka_ Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 09:16 PM)mythstified Wrote: If MoveSpeed = 5.7, would that be the same speed as if I put 5.7 into the Movement Speed along a spline?

Yes, it should. Make sure that Move Mode is not set to Relative, in which case 5.7 would not mean 5.7 meters per second, but 5.7 times the spline length per second.

I have it set like this.. my Bear is running me down with super sonic speed lol  I'll keep experimenting

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I don't see anything wrong from the screenshot, except the speed of 0 which I guess is set to a non zero value in your tests.
Can you send me the scene so I can see what's going on?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Add noise to spline controller movement DekoGames 2 10 02-06-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: DekoGames
Question Setting instantiated object to spline, then starting movement? _RicO 3 9 06-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Change Speed on spline linkinballzpokemon 1 28 12-29-2021, 10:58 AM
  Controller speed questions Lupp_ 6 1,863 01-20-2021, 09:20 PM