Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Generate path from point A to point B taking account of direction
I've been looking at a number of different tweening packages but can't find out of the box support for what I need.

I want to move an aircraft-icon on a map from point A to point B, I have both points as vector3's, I also have the aircraft-icon's initial heading.
I want it to move forward a bit and then turn towards the direction of point B, it sounds simple enough, but I've attempted to set up points myself, and I can't get it to do something I'm happy with, is this something Curvy can do out of the box, or easily?
Hi,
Yes, with Curvy you can do that. If I understand correctly your request, you want the icon to follow a curved path between two points A and B, a curve that exits A with a specific direction and enters B with a specific one.
If this is what you want to do, it is feasible by drawing a Bezier curve between A and B, and setting the in and out Bezier handles to match the exiting and entering directions. And then making the icon follow that curve (using a Spline Controller component)
If it can help, you can examples of some of the Curvy features in this webGL demo: https://curvyeditor.com/demo
Please let me know if I can further help.
Thanks and have a nice day.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Cant Generate Meshes At Runtime alms94 5 22 01-26-2024, 11:27 AM
  Connection "next' control point jh092 3 15 11-22-2023, 11:47 AM
  Spline.Length not updated unless I add a point to spline (or modify it) first. _RicO 3 6 08-26-2023, 08:41 AM