Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spline Controller Animate - Don't understand the Speed and TimeScale properties
Hi,
The Animate function was removed because it was too complicated and not powerful enough compared to other solutions that can now be used with Curvy (like Unity's Animations).
I think that this is for the good of both old and new users, but unfortunately this means that old users need to modify there setup to be compatible with the new way. In your case, you can either:
- have your code modify the controller's Position property
- or if you are tied to AnimationCurves, have your controller's speed set to 0, and have another script that reads the AnimationCurve on each frame, and apply the read value on the controller's Position property.
Is my explanation clear enough? Please let me know if you need any additional help.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Also, copy your AnimationCurves outside of the SplineController, because the "Animate" curve will be removed in an upcoming update.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(07-19-2018, 08:09 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi,
The Animate function was removed because it was too complicated and not powerful enough compared to other solutions that can now be used with Curvy (like Unity's Animations).
I think that this is for the good of both old and new users, but unfortunately this means that old users need to modify there setup to be compatible with the new way. In your case, you can either:
- have your code modify the controller's Position property
- or if you are tied to AnimationCurves, have your controller's speed set to 0, and have another script that reads the AnimationCurve on each frame, and apply the read value on the controller's Position property.
Is my explanation clear enough? Please let me know if you need any additional help.

OK, yes that helps, thank you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 1 1 Yesterday, 10:12 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 2 Yesterday, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM