Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting started with API?
Is there a basic example or doc on how to get started with the API? To get started I'd like to programmatically add a spline to my scene, set control points and have it rendered. I'm overwhelmed by the depth and complexity of this toolkit at this point.
Hi,
Take a look at this https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/splines/api
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
I saw this already thanks, it's got very useful info for sure but I was hoping for some example code. For example, if I create a new CurvySpline, and then call Add(), do I take the returned CurvySplineSegment and then set its localPosition and localRotation members to get them where I want? Seems that should work, however I figured there'd be a way to pass that info to Add(), although yeah that's not really necessary to have it work that way.
(04-09-2018, 05:35 PM)mgstauff Wrote: do I take the returned CurvySplineSegment and then set its localPosition and localRotation members to get them where I want?
Yes, that's how it works. There is an Add(params Vector3[] positions) that you can use to set the position, but there is no equivalent to set the rotation too.

For code examples, except for some snippets in the documentation or in this forum, all the provided code examples are in the Curvy Examples\Scripts folder. InfiniteTrack.cs has code that creates a spline at runtime.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(04-09-2018, 06:33 PM)_Aka_ Wrote:
(04-09-2018, 05:35 PM)mgstauff Wrote: do I take the returned CurvySplineSegment and then set its localPosition and localRotation members to get them where I want?
Yes, that's how it works. There is an Add(params Vector3[] positions) that you can use to set the position, but there is no equivalent to set the rotation too.

For code examples, except for some snippets in the documentation or in this forum, all the provided code examples are in the Curvy Examples\Scripts folder. InfiniteTrack.cs has code that creates a spline at runtime.

Thanks!