Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
curvy at small scale?
(02-12-2018, 08:16 AM)hawken Wrote: yes it seems this doesn't let Unity build to iOS, I get the following error
The issue I spoke about, and described in the link provided in my previous post, is not a build error. I will be very surprised if the error you had has anything to do with changing the value of Max Cache PPU. But I might be wrong.
To properly investigate the issue you encountred, can you please answer these questions:
  • Do you confirm that this error does not occur when Max Cache PPU has a value of 8?
  • If so, what value of Max Cache PPU triggers the error?
  • Do you get the same error when building a Standalone build?
  • If not, what are your iOS build settings and player settings?
  • Can you send me a scene or a project where the issue happens?

Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Sorry seems like this bug came from having generators with no paths, active in the scene.

I can confirm changing the MaxCachePPU has no effect on iOS. Is there another setting I can change to make it change on iOS?

I tried force setting PlayerPrefs.SetInt("Curvy_MaxCachePPU", 30); but it had no effect.
www.hawkenking.com - interactive design & game development
I see two solutions, while waiting for the next Curvy update to be released (which will solve this issue). The solution A is clearly the simplest one:
  • Solution A - Modify Curvy's code to use a hardcoded value for MaxCachePPU: to do so, replace the only occurrence of "CurvyGlobalManager.MaxCachePPU" in Curvy\Base\CG\CGUtility.cs and in Curvy\Base\CurvySpline.cs with you hard-coded value (30 for example).
  • Solution B - Make your application set the right value of Curvy_MaxCachePPU in the player preferenes file: based on this https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference...Prefs.html, the player preferences in iOS are stored in /Library/Preferences/[bundle identifier].plist . I don't have any experience developing iOS applications, so I really don't know how difficult it is to implement this solution.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Solution B is only possible through code with things like PlayerPrefs.SetInt("Curvy_MaxCachePPU", 30);

Solution A worked perfectly, thank you, finally got there!

min distance is still a bit tricky though, it only goes down to 0.0001 which doesn't make smooth banking / corners at small scale, but I guess this is the limit of doing at small scale.
www.hawkenking.com - interactive design & game development

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 1 2 9 hours ago
Last Post: _Aka_
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 1 1 9 hours ago
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 03-27-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 0 6 03-27-2024, 03:23 AM