Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spline Controller not moving over moved and rotated spline
Hi,

Using an older version of Curvy I encounter the following.

- I have a SplineController which updates in World space.
- Both the splines are children of a root GameObject, which is rotated, translated and scaled at runtime.
- When this root is not transformed, the SplineController moves correctly.
- When this root is transformed, the SplineController follows the spline as if this root is not transformed.
- The spline has CheckTransform turned on.
- The spline is correctly displayed (transformed) in the editor.

What can be the cause, and how can I fix this?

I can't easily update, as I had to modify this version quite a lot to get it properly building on UWP. I already use SetDirtyAll and Refresh on the splines after the root object is transformed.

Cheers,
Jorrit
Hi,
I couldn't reproduce the bug you described in the latest version. What Curvy version are you using?
Also, if you send me the changes your did to make it work with UWP, I could integrate these changes in Curvy, and this way you could update without issues.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hi,

Thank you for the quick response.

I actually don't know what version it exactly is. I'll investigate deeper myself.

I ended up removing the complete set of CG functionalities. There was a dll which caused some headaches when compiling for the Hololens. It would be great if the CG functionality was a complete separate folder, so it can easily be skipped when importing the plugin.

Cheers!
Jorrit
The version is available in the code in CurvySpline.APIVERSION, or through the UI in Curvy Options->About Curvy

I see two ways of fixing your issue:
  1. You give me your Curvy version, and I will try to detect the changes on Curvy since your version that resolved your issue. And if these changes are simple to apply, I will send them to you.
    I would like to avoid this solution if possible, because it can be very time consuming, depending on how old your version is.
  2. You try the latest version of Curvy (after backing up your project). If it builds with UWP, which is what it is supposed to do, great. If not, you give me details about the issue, and I will try to fix them in a Curvy update.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 1 1 1 hour ago
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 2 1 hour ago
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM