Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some bugs that have been around for a while :)
Hi Aka

The bug reporter doesn't seem to like me so I'll put these here.

1.a DontDestroyOnLoad.cs
I have another project from Unity that has this exact file name, I realise this is just unfortunate naming conflict of classes but is there a way to make things like this work in the Curvy namespace?

1.b Pink materials
On my mac all the examples look like this:

And I get some errors about the shaders not being able to compile. My guess is these are windows only directX with no fallback to OpenGL

1.c "Packages"
Unity recommend not doing this any more, just put your plugins / assets in their own folder in the Assets root so something like Assets/ToolBuddy/CurvyEditor makes more sense these days, especially as all kinds of junk seems to end up in /Packages from other developers. (guidelines are here: https://unity3d.com/asset-store/sell-ass...elines#3.1)

1.d Generator window breaks in these various ways:
  • sometimes the panels all draw on top of each other in one place
  • sometimes the background of the panels vanishes, making the lines draw over the ui items
  • after the background of the panels vanishes, any panel that gets updated flashes completely, obscuring the ui view
1.e Create curvy generator > add template > shape extrusion
This only makes a sample shape but not a sample path.

1.f Shape Extrusion Cross
Always seems to optimise even if optimise is turned off. For example if you have a cross section from a circular closed spline (the Template default) and set the point count to 20, if the circle radius is reduced to something low like 0.1, the points are optimised to 5.

Hope these help with future releases!
Thanks for these reports. I will add them to the back log.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(01-30-2018, 09:52 AM)hawken Wrote: And I get some errors about the shaders not being able to compile. My guess is these are windows only directX with no fallback to OpenGL

Could you tell me which Unity version, Curvy version and Graphics API (found Edit > Project Settings > Player > Other settings) you use?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Unity 2017.x
Curvy previous version and new one
Metal or OpenGLES2
(01-30-2018, 09:52 AM)hawken Wrote: 1.a DontDestroyOnLoad.cs
I have another project from Unity that has this exact file name, I realise this is just unfortunate naming conflict of classes but is there a way to make things like this work in the Curvy namespace?

1.b Pink materials
On my mac all the examples look like this:

And I get some errors about the shaders not being able to compile. My guess is these are windows only directX with no fallback to OpenGL

(01-30-2018, 09:52 AM)hawken Wrote: 1.f Shape Extrusion Cross
Always seems to optimise even if optimise is turned off. For example if you have a cross section from a circular closed spline (the Template default) and set the point count to 20, if the circle radius is reduced to something low like 0.1, the points are optimised to 5.

Hope these help with future releases!

Those are now fixed in version 2.2.3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Support, Bugs - What goes where? Jake 0 2,971 09-30-2015, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Jake
  Bugs & updates needed: Curvy Move Along Spline Distance (Playmaker) not working FritsLyn 7 18,456 01-20-2014, 02:02 PM
Last Post: FritsLyn