Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for a change
Rainbow 
Hi,

it's been 2013 when I released the first version of Curvy, a tool I primarily wrote for my personal needs. Seeing more and more people loving it as much as I do was overwhelming, so I kept on working on it, and kept on and on. Mesh extrusion - added with the 1.5 release just for demonstration purpose - turned out to be the number one feature everyone wants. So, after plenty of months of work I was able to release 2.0 in 2015, featuring a complete UI overhaul and the Curvy Generator. Developed to solve all possible future needs for modular curve processing, it was a huge success. Thank you all for this! Curvy was the biggest personal project I ever did and it was fun to work on it (well, most of time!). Thanks again to all of you! It was a pleasure to see the games and tools you developed with the help of Curvy.

Five years later now and my life isn't the same as it was when I started this journey. Much happened since then (well, having two small kids makes you rethink priorities), and I came to the point when I had to realize that I can't go on like this. Developing Curvy never was my day job (except for a few months) and I can't spend whole free time to work on Curvy anymore.

Dropping everything and putting it on GitHub wasn't a real option, because you deserve a product with ongoing development. So I'm very happy that I've found a versatile coder to continue the work!

Thanks a lot,

Jake
Hi,
I am Aka, and am I will be working from now on on Curvy.
My first contact with Curvy was as a user, 4 years ago. Every now and then, when I came up with some bug fix or optimization, I would write to Jake to share it with him, and that's how we knew each other.
Right now, I am working on switching Curvy from FluffyUnderware to ToolBuddy, the name under which I publish in the AssetStore, which involves changing the website, forum, and whatnot. Then, in the next few weeks (depending on the Unity asset publishing process) the first post-FluffyUnderware update of Curvy should be released. It will mainly contain bug fixes and optimizations.
Feel free to write to me if you have any question ask, I will try to answer the best I can.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Thank you Jake - Curvy is such a great product, and I've used it on a couple of contract projects, and it's worked very well. I'm actually planning to use it for my new game Redliner, but had some questions on how to make it play nice with Rigidbody based cars. I was going to throw up an email to you today, but see that you're making a transition! I am so happy that you put a plan in place to ensure ongoing development and didn't just peace-out like 95% other asset store publishers have done. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to crediting Curvy prominently on Redliner's release, assuming it can work for what I'm trying to do Smile

Welcome Aka!
If you don't mind, I wouldn't mind directing some of those questions to you, privately if possible. I'm basically trying to incorporate the physics characteristics of an existing driving system that works on straight roads to work with Curvy-based curved roads, and target what changes I'd need to make on my side vs if any (general) changes need to be made on Curvy's side.
What is the best method to contact during this transition?

Cheers Smile
Jesse
Thanks nomadigi.
The contact form is already redirected to use the correct email address, so you can use it to contact me.
https://curvyeditor.com/contact
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(01-04-2018, 09:49 PM)Jake Wrote: it's been 2013 when I released the first version of Curvy, a tool I primarily wrote for my personal needs. Seeing more and more people loving it as much as I do was overwhelming, so I kept on working on it, and kept on and on....Thanks again to all of you! It was a pleasure to see the games and tools you developed with the help of Curvy.

...I came to the point when I had to realize that I can't go on like this. Developing Curvy never was my day job (except for a few months) and I can't spend whole free time to work on Curvy anymore.

Dropping everything and putting it on GitHub wasn't a real option, because you deserve a product with ongoing development. So I'm very happy that I've found a versatile coder to continue the work!

Thank you for creating such a wonderful product. I am using it extensively in my current project, and every time I use Curvy it is an enjoyable experience at what I'm able to create.

I saw this post after originally coming to the forum to post a bug report, but then in today's release on the Asset Store you have already fixed the bug (apparently I was not the first to find it). So I will simply say thank you, and wish you well in whatever comes next in your personal and professional life.

To Aka, welcome, and I look forward to working with you.
Thanks syscrusher, I will do my best so you can keep enjoying using Curvy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
Brick Delete CurvySplineSegment from the start of a Spline causes UV's to change studentloan 5 7 06-14-2022, 03:14 PM
  Can I change splines directly on runner controller via script? sikamaru 1 11 03-12-2022, 08:40 PM
  Conform function, but applied to different directions at the same time Hartigan27 1 10 02-19-2022, 05:09 PM