Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spline Path Extrusion
Is it possible to create a 3D mesh by extruding a Spline Path into a 3D?  I can write that logic myself with curvy (which I own), I was wondering if the tool supported that out of the box?  If yes, can I morph through multiple Spline paths?

El
I realize that curvy extrudes meshes along the length of the path, but I want to create a cliff face with an overhang.  So on each sides of the cliff I would have two paths, and want to know if Curvy can figure out mesh by morphing one path into the other.  If not, I can write it myself, if there is some support of that, just seeing if that exists already and I'm not seeing it.
If I understand well, what you need is to morph between shapes based on the TF of the extrusion spline, right? Something like a Mix Paths CG module, but that has Mix that goes from -1 to 1 automatically as the shape travels through the extrusion spline.
Right now, such feature does not exist. I will add it to the backlog.
Thanks for your feedback, and let me know if I misunderstood your issue.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
I did figure out a way around this problem by using two splines and doing a horizontal/linear interpolation along the two lines using vertical splines interpolation points.  Resulting in this (note, the white points are there just to show all my calculated points for my UV calculations):

[Image: 1c63318e7e.jpg]

That logic isn't required any longer, but if I were to do it again, the way I'd implement it for 2 or more vertical splines, I'd create a horizontal spline with points according to the interpolation of the points along the vertical axis so that the shape is much smoother.  This way there aren't pinch points when there is 3 or more vertical splines.

El

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
  Keeping a fixed spline length jh092 3 16 02-21-2024, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Primrose44
  How could I get position in spline from "From" value in BuildRasterizedPath? Chanon 1 8 02-12-2024, 09:54 PM