Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attaching Curvy To Moving Gameobject
I was wondering if its possible to do this with this tool if so i will buy it, I'm trying to find a solution.

I want to create four or five paths
I want to randomly choose one of the paths created and have a game object follow it at times in the scene. This means the path/spline starts on the gameobjects position wherever it might be in the scene and follow the created path, sort of casting the spline on the gameobject. In essence, regardless of the path chosen, the first waypoint will always be on the gameobject facing the way the gameobject is moving.

Hope that sort of makes sense.
Never mind, if there's no support it doesn't bode well for the future if i have any questions, I'll buy something else.
Hi,
Sorry you asked your question at a time there was very little support, for reasons explained here.
Now that Curvy changed its owner, support improved greatly.
So, better late than never: Yes you can move paths at runtime, to make their start match another object's position.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 Yesterday, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 0 5 Yesterday, 03:23 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Using Unity's SplineContainer in Curvy Splines dlees9191 3 14 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
  Curvy in Unreal Engine SAMYTHEBIGJUICY 4 8 02-02-2024, 12:12 PM