Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clamping the spline length
Hi,

Not sure if this is possible or if I'm just struggling, as the API doesn't really help all that much. I'm looking to clamp the length of a Bezier spline at runtime.

The user will drag a helper object and the aim is to draw a curve from the start point to this object up to a set distance, at which point the curve will stop drawing any further until the user drags out a shorter curve. I can see a Clamp method which doesn't appear to do anything, and I'm at a loss as to what the Extrapolate method does.

Any ideas?!

Thanks,

Ash
Hi,
Here is a method I quickly coded that does what you want. It surely can be enhanced:

Code:
    private static bool RemoveExcess(CurvySpline spline, Vector3 terminatorWorldPosition)
    {
        if (spline.IsInitialized == false)
            return false;

//The position at which the spline should stop
        Vector3 nearestSplinePointToTerminator;
        float terminatorTf = spline.GetNearestPointTF(terminatorWorldPosition, out nearestSplinePointToTerminator);
        //The index of the last segment to keep, all following segements are removed
        int terminatorSegmentIndex = spline.TFToSegmentIndex(terminatorTf);

//remove all control points beyong the terminator
        int segmentsCount = spline.Count;
        for (int segmentIndex = segmentsCount - 1; segmentIndex >= terminatorSegmentIndex; segmentIndex--)
            spline.Delete(spline.Segments[segmentIndex].NextControlPoint);

//Add the last control point
        spline.Add(nearestSplinePointToTerminator);

return true;
    }
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 14 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM