Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Create an arrow dynamically following the spline
(10-31-2017, 04:04 PM)Jake Wrote: Hi,

on my PC results of editor playing and standalone exe are the same. The spline uses very few cache points due it's small size. That's why UI Spline was created. To get around this for regular splines, set the Cache PPU (Max. Cache Points per Unit) to a higher value in the global preferences. I changed it from 8 (default) to 20 and raised Cache Density of LauncherSpline to 100 to get somewhat smooth results.

That was the problem! I suspected about spline resolution but didnt knew there was a global settings for curvy Big Grin
But before finally close this, after compile the project the .exe still have the same problem, like while compiling the game it doesnt take in consideration the Cache PPU settings. I tried deleting the old .exe and compile again but no luck. I tried both on my actual project and on the test I sent to you and both work perfect on editor but the .exe still have the resolution problem. Are there any settings that maybe you have set to maintain the Cache PPU from the editor, or maybe any reason you can think of to make the compile proccess to ignore or change that setting?

Thank you again, I see the light at the end of the tunnel, just the last step Big Grin
(11-02-2017, 10:21 AM)yandrako Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 04:04 PM)Jake Wrote: Hi,

on my PC results of editor playing and standalone exe are the same. The spline uses very few cache points due it's small size. That's why UI Spline was created. To get around this for regular splines, set the Cache PPU (Max. Cache Points per Unit) to a higher value in the global preferences. I changed it from 8 (default) to 20 and raised Cache Density of LauncherSpline to 100 to get somewhat smooth results.

That was the problem! I suspected about spline resolution but didnt knew there was a global settings for curvy Big Grin
But before finally close this, after compile the project the .exe still have the same problem, like while compiling the game it doesnt take in consideration the Cache PPU settings. I tried deleting the old .exe and compile again but no luck. I tried both on my actual project and on the test I sent to you and both work perfect on editor but the .exe still have the resolution problem. Are there any settings that maybe you have set to maintain the Cache PPU from the editor, or maybe any reason you can think of to make the compile proccess to ignore or change that setting?

Thank you again, I see the light at the end of the tunnel, just the last step Big Grin

Any idea about this? Why it finally works on editor but when compile the .exe it seems the cache PPU settings is ignored? Thank you Smile
Hi,
Did you resolve this issue since?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
I have some news regarding this issues.

The issue happens because the "Max Cache PPU" value you set the Curvy preferences is not used by the build .exe file.

This is because Curvy uses Unity's PlayerPrefs class to save the "Max Cache PPU" value. Like the documentation says, on windows this class saves the value in the registery key HKCU\Software\[company name]\[product name]. What is not said in the documentation, is that when playing the project inside the Unity editor, the value is saved in a different registry key, the HKCU\Software\Unity\[company name]\[product name]

Clearly, Max Cache PPU should be stored via another mechanism. I don't know how yet, and I don't know when this will be done. Until then, a work around would be to edit the HKCU\Software\[company name]\[product name]\Curvy_MaxCachePPU key to make it match the Max Cache PPU from the editor.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
It worked! Finally!! It was exactly that, I know it is not an ideal solution but is not a big deal to change that either.

Thank you so much!! I can finally forget about this annoyance Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

(01-23-2018, 09:37 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: I have some news regarding this issues.

The issue happens because the "Max Cache PPU" value you set the Curvy preferences is not used by the build .exe file.

This is because Curvy uses Unity's PlayerPrefs class to save the "Max Cache PPU" value. Like the documentation says, on windows this class saves the value in the registery key HKCU\Software\[company name]\[product name]. What is not said in the documentation, is that when playing the project inside the Unity editor, the value is saved in a different registry key, the HKCU\Software\Unity\[company name]\[product name]

Clearly, Max Cache PPU should be stored via another mechanism. I don't know how yet, and I don't know when this will be done. Until then, a work around would be to edit the HKCU\Software\[company name]\[product name]\Curvy_MaxCachePPU key to make it match the Max Cache PPU from the editor.
I real fix for this is now available in Curvy 2.2.3. More about this here: https://forum.curvyeditor.com/thread-526.html

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Heart Create beautiful curves ShiroeYamamoto 3 9 03-26-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
  Keeping a fixed spline length jh092 3 16 02-21-2024, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Primrose44