Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAX, MAYA, BLENDER USERS: READ ON
We're looking for users familiar with one (or more) of the major 3D packages who are able to create a plugin inside their favorite app that exports spline data to a well-defined JSON structure. In detail you should be able to iterate over selected splines in your preferable 3D application and turn that data (positions, bezier handles, custom data) into a JSON text that can be saved to file or clipboard.

The output then will be used by the upcoming Curvy Importer to create Curvy splines in Unity. The import process will be extendable/customizable on the Curvy side, so moving project related custom data from the 3D application to Curvy splines/Control Points will be possible.

If you're interested, please contact me by mail (admin<at>curvyeditor<dot>com) to discuss conditions and further details.

Best regards,

Jake
I'm a little late to the party... did this get any traction at all? I was just about to write an exporter, but I thought I'd check here.
how about SVG import/export for 2d splines?
www.hawkenking.com - interactive design & game development
(02-18-2018, 11:15 PM)MattO Wrote: I'm a little late to the party... did this get any traction at all? I was just about to write an exporter, but I thought I'd check here.

Hi,
Curvy 2.2.2 included a JSON importer/exporter for splines. More about it here https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/import_export
So, if you have a spline exporter that exports to JSON formatted files, all what is needed to make Curvy compatible with those files is to make a Wrapper class in Curvy, and use it in the import/export window. If you have such exported files you want to use, send me a definition or example of that format, and I will write the wrapper and include it in an upcoming Curvy release
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(02-19-2018, 01:32 AM)hawken Wrote: how about SVG import/export for 2d splines?

Good idea. I add this to the backlog. I don't think I will work on it in the near future though. I will update this post if and when it is done.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(02-19-2018, 01:31 PM)_Aka_ Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 11:15 PM)MattO Wrote: I'm a little late to the party... did this get any traction at all? I was just about to write an exporter, but I thought I'd check here.

Hi,
Curvy 2.2.2 included a JSON importer/exporter for splines. More about it here https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/import_export
So, if you have a spline exporter that exports to JSON formatted files, all what is needed to make Curvy compatible with those files is to make a Wrapper class in Curvy, and use it in the import/export window. If you have such exported files you want to use, send me a definition or example of that format, and I will write the wrapper and include it in an upcoming Curvy release

I've seen the JSON files, no need to change the existing format, you've got everything covered! I'm about to write an exporter for Houdini, I'll be in touch once it's operational. Feel free to send me an email or PM if you have any questions or indeed requests! I'm sure we can work something out Smile
(02-19-2018, 01:34 PM)_Aka_ Wrote:
(02-19-2018, 01:32 AM)hawken Wrote: how about SVG import/export for 2d splines?

Good idea. I add this to the backlog. I don't think I will work on it in the near future though. I will update this post if and when it is done.

Is there a way to import Abode Illustrator SVG?
Hi,
There is for now no support for SVG in Curvy. I read your other post about importing JSON format, I will answer you there about it.
Update: SVG import is now available in Curvy Splines 8.0.0
(01-31-2022, 10:41 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Update: SVG import is now available in Curvy Splines 8.0.0

Hi, I recently upgraded to Curvy Splines 8. This is very welcome but how does this work? No import button option appears in the scene view on the mac, as described in the Curvy manual. Is there another way?

www.hawkenking.com - interactive design & game development

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can generated mesh be enabled to read/write? scr33ner 2 9 04-07-2022, 01:13 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Letting users create and edit splines at runtime skote 1 1,427 07-12-2020, 04:49 PM
Exclamation Please read first _Aka_ 0 3,217 04-26-2018, 08:25 PM
Thumbs Up Published a game using Curvy? Please read! Jake 0 4,502 08-18-2015, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Jake