Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Additional fields on a Connection
Hi,

Connections are the important points of a spline system. I like to have additional fields and game objects on a Connection-Point to define by my self.

Is there a way to add field currently without destroying them with the next update of curvy, or reload scene, play/stop?
If yes, how this can be technically solved?

Edit:
Another cool feature would be to have a user Callback/Event/etc directly after a Connection has been created by Curvy.
This is very useful to done some tasks directly. Adding triggers, game object or scrips or whatever.

Thank you.

Similar like this..
[Image: a1.jpg]
(Henry Ford) Each hour more of searching is each hour less of your live time.

Two possible ways:

1.) Inherit a custom class from CurvyConnection. Never tried this, but >should< work.
2.) Attach any component that holds your additional data.

I'd prefer the 2nd approach. It's easier to use and more straight forward.
2) It adds data to each ControlPoint and not to a Connection. This is not useful.
1) Doesn't works for any reason. Because the Connection Class is embedded into the Segment Class anyhow and return null always while trying to access it.

I want to have additional fields on a Connection not on multiple ControlPoints.

[Image: insp.jpg]

CurvyConnection is an independent component with it's own GameObject, having _CurvyGlobal_ as it's parent.
(01-22-2016, 05:59 PM)Jake Wrote: CurvyConnection is an independent component with it's own GameObject, having _CurvyGlobal_ as it's parent.

Thanks..

(EDIT)
Means: Search by a editor script through the GameObject._CurvyGlobal_ for any child and add a component with my class values.
Works until here.

Got it to work!
I will post the solution here.

If you add scripts to a connection's Gameobject, use CurvySplineSegment.Connection.gameObject.GetComponent<>() to find your script.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
Thumbs Up Can't delete connection lacota 3 6 03-16-2024, 11:34 AM
Lightbulb Junction & Connection Navigation System Design SAMYTHEBIGJUICY 4 13 11-27-2023, 01:04 PM
  Connection "next' control point jh092 3 15 11-22-2023, 11:47 AM