Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curvy has a error when I updated to Unity 5.2.3f1
I am getting this error since I updated a few minutes ago:

Assets/Packages/Curvy/Base/CurvyController.cs(990,49): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `FluffyUnderware.DevTools.Extensions.TypeExt.GetFieldIncludingBaseClasses(this System.Type, string, System.Reflection.BindingFlags)' and `FluffyUnderware.DevTools.Extensions.TypeExt.GetFieldIncludingBaseClasses(this System.Type, string, System.Reflection.BindingFlags)'

is there a path fix for this?

(12-06-2015, 03:04 AM)kloveridge Wrote: I am getting these errors since I updated a few minutes ago:

Assets/Packages/Curvy/Base/CurvyController.cs(989,55): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `FluffyUnderware.DevTools.Extensions.TypeExt.GetFieldIncludingBaseClasses(this System.Type, string, System.Reflection.BindingFlags)' and `FluffyUnderware.DevTools.Extensions.TypeExt.GetFieldIncludingBaseClasses(this System.Type, string, System.Reflection.BindingFlags)'

Assets/Packages/Curvy/Base/CurvyController.cs(1006,50): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `FluffyUnderware.DevTools.Extensions.TypeExt.GetPropertyIncludingBaseClasses(this System.Type, string, System.Reflection.BindingFlags)' and `FluffyUnderware.DevTools.Extensions.TypeExt.GetPropertyIncludingBaseClasses(this System.Type, string, System.Reflection.BindingFlags)'

is there a path fix for this?

I actually am getting three errors:
Yeah, like the upgrade notice said: You have to delete at least the /packages/DevTools folder before importing.
Deleting that folder did work. But where is this "upgrade notice" you speak of? I never saw it. I don't see it on the asset store. I don't see it in the readme of the curvy package. Its a little annoying with asset store assets (such as curvy) that do a big dump of content in my project. I don't know who uses what. Fortunately, I use source control to back up incase I do something wrong. But still, this kind of dilemma is very easy to get into with 3rd party assets.
Hm, I thought that the release notes are shown in a popup when you update the package from the assetstore. That isn't the case?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 1 10 04-03-2024, 03:16 PM
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 03-27-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp