Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touchscreen input - move camera/object along the spline
Before purchasing Curvy I want to ask if it`s possible to implement a feature I need, or maybe it`s already possible, by using your asset, to do what I need. What exactly I want to do? I need to move the camera, or an object in the scene along a spline/bezier curve/path by using finger gestures. The camera/object needs to move up and down along the spline, not based on a time line, but moving according to finger swipe (or click&mouse move on desktop) fro,m left to right or the other way around, from right to left depending on the swipe direction. I`m not sure if this can already be done inside Curvy, or it can be implemented, or it needs integration with another Unity asset, like InControl, Easy Touch or Finger Gestures. I have to mention that my main target platform is windows desktop, but I would love to have this working for any kind of touch screens too, mobile or not.
Also, I have to mention that I have no scripting knowledge, and a no scripting solution will be great, or using Playmaker actions will do too.
Thank you in advance for your time and answer.
Doing this will require a bit of scripting, I guess. You may get along with Curvy's PlayMaker actions as well, but in the end the FSM setup will be much more complicated than a few lines of code. But that's just my personal opinion.

I don't have much experience with finger gestures and the corresponding frameworks, but it looks like a two-step task: create the spline based on the swipe and then move an object along that spline. Both is possible with custom actions and builtin controllers, but I guess you would have to mess around with arrays in PlayMaker then etc...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Generated mesh using bezier spline is not following the path accurately processor 3 136 08-25-2020, 04:39 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Best practice when Instantiating game object with spline GenericJoe 1 140 08-22-2020, 02:40 PM
  How to calculate curvature of spline jh092 3 267 08-01-2020, 04:51 PM
  Simple Spline Extrusion GelsonBieber 3 528 07-29-2020, 02:34 PM