Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touchscreen input - move camera/object along the spline
Before purchasing Curvy I want to ask if it`s possible to implement a feature I need, or maybe it`s already possible, by using your asset, to do what I need. What exactly I want to do? I need to move the camera, or an object in the scene along a spline/bezier curve/path by using finger gestures. The camera/object needs to move up and down along the spline, not based on a time line, but moving according to finger swipe (or click&mouse move on desktop) fro,m left to right or the other way around, from right to left depending on the swipe direction. I`m not sure if this can already be done inside Curvy, or it can be implemented, or it needs integration with another Unity asset, like InControl, Easy Touch or Finger Gestures. I have to mention that my main target platform is windows desktop, but I would love to have this working for any kind of touch screens too, mobile or not.
Also, I have to mention that I have no scripting knowledge, and a no scripting solution will be great, or using Playmaker actions will do too.
Thank you in advance for your time and answer.
Doing this will require a bit of scripting, I guess. You may get along with Curvy's PlayMaker actions as well, but in the end the FSM setup will be much more complicated than a few lines of code. But that's just my personal opinion.

I don't have much experience with finger gestures and the corresponding frameworks, but it looks like a two-step task: create the spline based on the swipe and then move an object along that spline. Both is possible with custom actions and builtin controllers, but I guess you would have to mess around with arrays in PlayMaker then etc...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 1 1 11 hours ago
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 2 Yesterday, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM