Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Generator not drawing along spline
I based my scene on the 21_CGExtrusion example included with the package. I'm trying to extrude a closed 2D/Circle input spline along a spline path. Everything is connected correctly in the Generator and the circle spline is on the XY plane but it doesn't extrude along the path it just seems to spin right around where the circle is placed (0, 0) relative to the parent plane everything is attached to. How do I get the mesh to generate along the spline attached as the input spline path?

(see attached images for reference)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

From what I see from the images it should work this way. As no external input is involved, would you mind to attach the scene file? I'll have a look then.

Thanks
Jake
(11-04-2015, 06:36 PM)Jake Wrote: From what I see from the images it should work this way. As no external input is involved, would you mind to attach the scene file? I'll have a look then.

Thanks
Jake

Thanks for the reply.

I actually figured it out by just digging into every setting. The path spline was scaled up when I moved it under the Unity Plane object (before creating the Generator), meaning the CPs were actually really close together but scaling made them look spread out. Apparently the spline translation isn't taken into account when generating verts, so it was using the local positions as if they were world space and creating a really tiny mesh. I can get around this by just creating the splines and meshes before moving them under Unity GameObjects but it would be nice if you could make it work both ways. Probably wouldn't take much to include the spline translation matrix when generating verts for the mesh. Actually, come to think of it, you might have to do a full parent matrix translation both ways.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 1 1 11 hours ago
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 2 11 hours ago
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 03-27-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 0 7 03-27-2024, 03:23 AM