Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snap drag to spline?
I am starting to build a 2d maze game, and I want to limit player movement along a set path

I'm thinking to simply use Curvy to set a spline across the entire maze (including to deadends), and then wherever the player drags- use GetNearestPointTF() with the touch/mouse position to snap the object to the result on that hidden spline

Does that make sense? Not sure if I get what GetNearestPointTF() is for (i.e. I'm assuming it can take any point on the screen- but maybe it's actually expecting another point on the spline or something?) 

Either way I think I'll purchase Curvy since I need it for other stuff too (3d camera paths)- but would really appreciate advice on if this is a good approach before I dive in. My math isn't so great and I'm sure you guys have done tons of work to make this sort of stuff high-performance and reliable. 

Thanks!!

Oh I should add- it's a... erm... curvy maze, not straight lines Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 0 0 3 hours ago
Last Post: ShiroeYamamoto
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Keeping a fixed spline length jh092 3 16 02-21-2024, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Primrose44