Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Splines for a node system
Photo 
Hi,

I am searching for a Unityplugin that allows me to draw/adjust many separate Mesh-Splines in Runtime for connecting nodes like this:

[Image: Splines.png]

Also the curves meshes should be flat 2d (like Unitys Linerenderer) and their thickness be adjustable.
And they need refreshable meshcolliders.

Can Curvy manage this?

Thanks,
Carsten
Hi Carsten,

there is no easy answer, it depends on what you want to do. Talking about version 2.0, that is currently pending review, there is a CurvyLineRenderer that drives a default LineRenderer, also you can extrude meshes with the Curvy Generator. A dedicated 2D line drawing feature that handles special cases like sharp-angled corners is on our Roadmap, though.

The main question is: do you want this to run in an editor window or at runtime (uGUI)?
Runtime definately, not not as GUI-objects but as common 3d gameobjects.
If you know Shaderforge or any other nodebased editor you see what I want.
Wink
I worry if Curvy allows to have many separate (not connected) curves,
each one clickable (collider) and updating its shape when the connected node is moved by the user.
I'm currently working on a dedicated 2D line renderer module for CG. It will does exactly what you want (and handle sharp corners as well). It should be possible to achieve most of the functionality with a flat Shape Extrusion, though.
(10-14-2015, 06:47 PM)Jake Wrote: I'm currently working on a dedicated 2D line renderer module for CG. It will does exactly what you want (and handle sharp corners as well). It should be possible to achieve most of the functionality with a flat Shape Extrusion, though.

Ok, very nice. So I´ll wait for these features ....
So could I generate the splines for my nodesystem with Curvy2 now?
The 2D line extrusion isn't done yet...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 1 2 Yesterday, 10:23 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  Using Unity's SplineContainer in Curvy Splines dlees9191 3 15 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
  Distance travelled across multiple splines jh092 1 7 02-23-2024, 09:44 AM