Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VoumeController Implementation Missing Methods in API
I was working with CS v.8.7.3 and couldn't find some methods, which are included in the online API documentation v.8.9.0:

Curvy Splines 8.9.0 API Reference : Class VolumeController

So, I upgraded to v.8.9.0 but still, the following methods cannot be referenced from a VolumeContoller instance in a script:

Advance(float, float)
GGetInterpolatedSourcePosition(float, out Vector3, out Vector3, out Vector3)
GetOrientation(float)
GetTangent(float)
RelativeToAbsolute(float)

I only needed the GetTangent(float) but thought that it might be helpful if I included all the missing methods here.

I
Hi,
GetTangent (and I assume the others as well) is a protected method, meaning that it is not public and can not be referenced from outside the VolumeController's class (or any of its inherited classes).
You can add this code to your VolumeController to make this functionality available from outside the class:

public Vector3 GetTangentAt(float tf)
=> GetTangent(tf);

Did this help?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(04-24-2024, 12:23 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi,
GetTangent (and I assume the others as well) is a protected method, meaning that it is not public and can not be referenced from outside the VolumeController's class (or any of its inherited classes).
You can add this code to your VolumeController to make this functionality available from outside the class:

public Vector3 GetTangentAt(float tf)
            => GetTangent(tf);

Did this help?

Oops! I hadn't noticed in the API reference that these are protected. I had assumed that everything in the API reference was public.

So, yes, your solution helped!

Thank you!
You are welcome. To be honest, sometimes even I forget that Smile

If and when you feel like it, please leave a review for the asset, that helps a lot.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Loader errors after build FanManPro 8 9 01-20-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
Question Error after upgrade: (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) boriskourt 3 7 05-17-2022, 12:32 PM
Wink In SplineController OnPositionReachedList Event is missing shimizu 2 13 02-07-2022, 12:47 PM
Last Post: shimizu
  Missing Bezier Handles in Unity 2021.2.1f1 Flibble 3 213 11-20-2021, 05:08 PM