Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volume Spots inter group distance
Question 
When placing objects along a spline. Is there any way to control the distance between objects in the same group?
Example, we have 3 different size categories for rocks. And we've thus created a Input GameObjects node with a total of 9 game objects (3 prefabs in each category). And we've created three different groups with their own positioning and rotation setups. The only annoying part is that the "Space Before" and "Space After" seem to affect the group as a whole, I cant find a way to affect the spacing between objects in the same group. Am I missing something, or do I need to create a group for each individual source object?

Side question, when it comes to the Input GameObjects node, is there any way to change the bounding volume of the source object (via nodes or adding components to the source objects themself)?
Hi
(02-26-2024, 12:12 PM)Sacryn Wrote: When placing objects along a spline. Is there any way to control the distance between objects in the same group?
Example, we have 3 different size categories for rocks. And we've thus created a Input GameObjects node with a total of 9 game objects (3 prefabs in each category). And we've created three different groups with their own positioning and rotation setups. The only annoying part is that the "Space Before" and "Space After" seem to affect the group as a whole, I cant find a way to affect the spacing between objects in the same group. Am I missing something, or do I need to create a group for each individual source object?

The solution I can think of is the following:
First, add spacing after your group. This will give us space to move the group's objects.
Then, go to the Properties section of the objects composing the group, and set a non zero Z value to the Translation property (in the Input GameObjects module). That way you can set manually the spacing between your group's objects.

(02-26-2024, 12:12 PM)Sacryn Wrote: Side question, when it comes to the Input GameObjects node, is there any way to change the bounding volume of the source object (via nodes or adding components to the source objects themself)?
You can add to your game object object a child object. The child will influence the game object's bounding box. To not display the child, disable its mesh renderer.

I hope this helped.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting Distance from a World Point zorksox 3 5 04-16-2024, 07:30 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Set Volume to the Volume Controller at Runtime pako88 2 10 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
  Distance travelled across multiple splines jh092 1 7 02-23-2024, 09:44 AM
  How to get travelled distance and distance to travel ommlmx 3 31 12-04-2023, 03:28 PM