Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add VolumeController at runtime
Hi,

I have 2 questions:

How can I add volume at runtime for VolumeController? I know that VolumeController has a 'volume' property that can be filled, but I can't find where that reference object is under the generator. I looked for BuildShapeExtrusion and BuildVolumeMesh APIs with no luck.

And another question, when I fill that volume to VolumeController, the object will instantly snap to the spline position, even if 'automatically play' is disabled? If yes, how can I make it not auto-snap to the spline?

Thanks in advance!  Big Grin
Hi
1- The answer is here: https://forum.curvyeditor.com/thread-1475.html
2- For the object to not snap, you will have to disable the controller.
I hope this helped.
Have a nice day.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(12-15-2023, 03:53 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi
1- The answer is here: https://forum.curvyeditor.com/thread-1475.html
2- For the object to not snap, you will have to disable the controller.
I hope this helped.
Have a nice day.

Thanks for the answers!

About the question 2:

I still would like to smoothly move the object to the spline instead of snapping. Is there a way we can do it like the 'damping' option out-of-the-box or should I need to create a child class of VolumeController myself and change that setting?

Thanks again!  Smile
You are welcome.

This damping is not available out of the box. You would probably need to create a child class, and override the ComputeTargetPositionAndRotation method to define the lerping logic between controlled and not controlled transform.

Have a nice weekend.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Set Volume to the Volume Controller at Runtime pako88 2 10 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM
Wink Modifying Splines at Runtime artsung 1 7 01-30-2024, 09:40 AM
  Is it possible to create a road texture at runtime? artsung 1 4 01-30-2024, 09:30 AM