Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does CurvySplines support displaying handles and points during runtime?
The title says it all, but just to be more precise, I'm building a map editor and I want to use splines in that editor and I need the player to be able to move the splines within the game.

I couldn't find a clear answer to that question in the doc or the tutorial videos, but I could easily have missed it.
I know the package has an API, and so it has everything for me to build that, but I was wondering if displaying gizmos to move points and curves within the actual game was supported out of the box.

Thanks.
Hi,

No, there are no run-time gizmos/handles allowing for spline modification available out of the box. The main reason for that is that each project will have quite different runtime handles expectations, since they need to fit with the rest of the project's UX.

As you said, the API allows to build them, quite easily. Also, in case this is of help, here is an asset that reproduces the editor's handles at runtime. Never used it, but it has good reviews.
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/modeling/runtime-transform-handles-65363

I hope this helped.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Set Volume to the Volume Controller at Runtime pako88 2 10 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM