Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
animating points on a spline
I have search, but could not find how to animate curve points on a spline. I am using the animator component with an animation attached to it.
Hi
Control Points use their transforms to define the position. So simply animate the transforms and you should be fine.
Let me know if you encounter any issue.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
About your question in the email (the spline not updating even when the CP is animated):
Make sure the spline's "Check Transform" setting in its inspector is set to true.
If you open example scene 29bis, you can see how the CP0002 of the spline is animated using an animator, and everything updates accordingly.
If you think you encountered a bug, please send me the recording you told about, and a reproduction case, and I will investigate the issue.
I hope this helped
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
if the shape is closed and its cpoints are in the same plane, can it has a fill? I want to use it as a background of a button.
Yes, using the Spline to Mesh tool. More about it here:
https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/toolbar/start#tools
Wink 
Thanks. I saw, but the fill does not follow the animations of the cpoints.
Please send me a reproduction case and I will take a look at it.
I hope this help. Please let me know if you require anything else.
Hi Antonio. I received the file you uploaded. I will take a look at it later today. Will keep you updated.

Please pay special attention, when sharing files publicly, to not share copyrighted content that you are not allowed to share. In the package you shared publicly, both Curvy Splines and PlayMaker. In the future, please remove Curvy Splines from the files you share, and ask your recipient to install Curvy Splines. Thanks
The Spline To Mesh editor tool creates a mesh based on the spline as it is when using the tool. It does not update the mesh when the spline is updated.

I see two solutions to achieve what you want:

1- Use Curvy Spline's API to execute the tool whenever the spline is modiifed: https://api.curvyeditor.com/FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Utils.CurvyUtility.html#FluffyUnderware_Curvy_Utils_CurvyUtility_SplineToMesh_FluffyUnderware_Curvy_CurvySpline_

2- Generate the mesh using a Curvy Generator. This one updates the mesh automatically. I attached a modified version of your scene achieving that. You can learn everything about the Curvy Generator here: https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/generator/start

Have a nice day

Attached Files
.unity   Fix.unity (Size: 92.11 KB / Downloads: 1)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM