Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
animating points on a spline
Tongue 
(09-13-2023, 12:53 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi Antonio. I received the file you uploaded. I will take a look at it later today. Will keep you updated.

Please pay special attention, when sharing files publicly, to not share copyrighted content that you are not allowed to share. In the package you shared publicly, both Curvy Splines and PlayMaker. In the future, please remove Curvy Splines from the files you share, and ask your recipient to install Curvy Splines. Thanks

Sad Thanks for letting me know. I am just starting with Unity and although I love it I have so much to learn. When exporting a package, if i click off "include dependencies" will the file work on your side?

About the solution you send me. i see in the profiler a big drop in frame rate. Is it not a good soloution for animating UI?
Hi

(09-14-2023, 03:08 PM)Antonio Wrote: Sad Thanks for letting me know. I am just starting with Unity and although I love it I have so much to learn. When exporting a package, if i click off "include dependencies" will the file work on your side?

When you tick/untick that option, the export package windows updates automatically, showing you exactly what will be exported. The goal is to not export folders containing copyrighted work. In this specific case, to not export the ToolBuddy folder. The receiver of your package, which should own a copy of Curvy Splines, will have his/her own ToolBuddy folder.
In case of doubt, export the package, create a new project, import the package in it and see what happens. When learning something new, the combination of reading offficial documentation and trying/experimenting things are the fundamentals of learning in my opinion.

(09-14-2023, 03:08 PM)Antonio Wrote: About the solution you send me. i see in the profiler a big drop in frame rate. Is it not a good soloution for animating UI?
It's normal that the frame rate decreases, since you now you generate meshes every frame. The drop can be small or big, depending on the context of your projetct. Here are some Curvy Splines related performance tips to avoid unecessary performance tips.
https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/performancetips
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM