Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible / feature requests
- Is it possible to assign individual splines different colors in the editor?
- Is it possible to select a spline (not CP) in the scene view 

Managing these splines is getting complicated. Another nice feature would be the ability to TAB select through connected control points. Or possibly include offset handles for selecting connected control points. 

Also, I would like to write a small script to automatically include the name of the spline as a connection tag if the last CP is connected / has a connection. You probably know how to do this off of the top of your head, can you get me started? Thanks for your time!

(again with the spell checker, it works in the thread subject, but not the body, am I missing something?)

Quote:- Is it possible to assign individual splines different colors in the editor?

Not builtin, but it's easy to implement (originally it was in, but I removed it due UI complexity). Perhaps I should add it again. Here's how to do it:

Add a Color field to CurvySpline (and to it's editor class to get it displayed in the Inspector) and use it in CurvySplineSegment.doGizmos() => done
Quote:- Is it possible to select a spline (not CP) in the scene view 

No and it will be complicated UI-wise as the spline doesn't show anything in the scene view. I'll think about it how it can be done (perhaps you have an idea?). As a workaround, you can add a custom toolbar button to the CP toolbar that selects the parent (spline). See here how to do that (it's basically copy&paste and a few lines of code). Let me know if you need assistance with that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feature Request-move UI elements in SceneView spawnstorm 5 20 09-17-2022, 12:37 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Idea for caps? (feature suggestion) hawken 1 3,076 03-23-2018, 11:34 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Feature request: SplineController.Position as inspector property syscrusher 4 7,974 01-19-2018, 06:00 AM
Last Post: syscrusher
  MeshBuilder Feature roadmap PassivePicasso 2 6,332 11-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Last Post: PassivePicasso