Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invisible generated meshes in build
Hi,
Since I updated to 8.6.1 (from 8.4), my generated meshes are no longer visibles in build (everything works well in the editor).
The colliders works so this is a purely visual issue.

The Player.log contains warning related to curvy and UV2:

Code:
(Filename: C:/Sirenix/OdinSerializer/OdinSerializer/Core/Misc/ArchitectureInfo.cs Line: 115)

[Curvy] UV2 Unwrapping is not available outside of the editor
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat (UnityEngine.LogType,UnityEngine.Object,string,object[])
UnityEngine.Logger:Log (UnityEngine.LogType,object,UnityEngine.Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:Log (object,UnityEngine.Object)
FluffyUnderware.DevTools.DTLog:Log (object,UnityEngine.Object) (at C:/Projects/Project_CityRunner/CityRunner/Assets/Plugins/ToolBuddy/Dependencies/DevTools/Classes/DTUtility.cs:909)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.Modules.CreateMesh:get_UnwrapUV2 () (at C:/Projects/Project_CityRunner/CityRunner/Assets/Plugins/ToolBuddy/Assets/Curvy/Scripts/CG Modules/CreateMesh.cs:330)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.Modules.CreateMesh:WriteVMeshToMesh (FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGVMesh,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGMeshResource>) (at C:/Projects/Project_CityRunner/CityRunner/Assets/Plugins/ToolBuddy/Assets/Curvy/Scripts/CG Modules/CreateMesh.cs:1123)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.Modules.CreateMesh:CreateSpotMeshes (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGVMesh>,ToolBuddy.Pooling.Collections.SubArray`1<FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGSpot>,bool,bool,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGMeshResource>) (at C:/Projects/Project_CityRunner/CityRunner/Assets/Plugins/ToolBuddy/Assets/Curvy/Scripts/CG Modules/CreateMesh.cs:1047)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.Modules.CreateMesh:Refresh () (at C:/Projects/Project_CityRunner/CityRunner/Assets/Plugins/ToolBuddy/Assets/Curvy/Scripts/CG Modules/CreateMesh.cs:872)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGModule:doRefresh () (at C:/Projects/Project_CityRunner/CityRunner/Assets/Plugins/ToolBuddy/Assets/Curvy/Scripts/CG/CGModule.cs:778)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CurvyGenerator:Refresh (bool) (at C:/Projects/Project_CityRunner/CityRunner/Assets/Plugins/ToolBuddy/Assets/Curvy/Scripts/CG/CurvyGenerator.cs:851)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CurvyGenerator:Initialize (bool) (at C:/Projects/Project_CityRunner/CityRunner/Assets/Plugins/ToolBuddy/Assets/Curvy/Scripts/CG/CurvyGenerator.cs:803)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CurvyGenerator:Update () (at C:/Projects/Project_CityRunner/CityRunner/Assets/Plugins/ToolBuddy/Assets/Curvy/Scripts/CG/CurvyGenerator.cs:308)

I tried to uncheck "Unwrap UV2" in the CreateMesh node and "Generate UV2" in the node Volume Mesh with no success.
Still, I find it strange that everything was working fine before the update and I didn't change anything in my generators.

Thanks for reading my issue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi
I am convinced that UnwrapUV2 is not culprit. By the way, like the log states it that option is not available in builds. One can use in builds meshes generated while using that option, but not generate them in builds.

I believe the issue comes from some other reason. Can you please send me a simple reproduction case?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
I send you versions 8.4 and 8.5. The first one to be able to rollback if needed. The second for you to test and see if the issue appears in that version too.
Also, can you try 8.6 with Make Static set to false?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Note for future readers: the issue is indeed a regression introduced by 8.5. The issue happens when generating static meshes. A fix will be released in the next few days.
Thank you for the fix ! Smile
My pleasure Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjust radius of generated mesh via script? Shackman 1 4 03-26-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Cant Generate Meshes At Runtime alms94 5 22 01-26-2024, 11:27 AM
  Get spline from generated mesh beartrox 1 5 11-27-2023, 12:30 PM
  Making "gaps" in the generated spline mesh VoltDriver 6 24 11-22-2023, 11:34 PM