Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rotating splines twists geometry
Hi,

I'd like to be able to rotate my curvy splines(during runtime), but having a rotation different from zero on the spline object seems to mess up the mesh builder geometry.

In edit mode it's quite easy to make a mass selection of the CPs and rotate them, but like i said i want to edit the splines during runtime and then doing rotations gets REALLY hard if i have to do it for each CP individually especially since the prefabs splines are quite complex.

So my question is quite apparent i guess. How can i best rotate my splines without breaking the geometry? Can i at all?

Note: i use Playmaker.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Just thought i'd add some images to explain what's going on. So just simply rotating the splines parent object flips the normals and wierdly scales the geometry. The upper image in the attachment shows the spline in it's normal shape and the lower after it's been rotated. Anyone know what's going on?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi,

either enable "Use World Position" in the MeshBuilder or leave the spline unrotated and rotate the MeshBuilder instead, both should work.
(06-23-2014, 08:58 AM)'Jake' Wrote: Hi,

either enable "Use World Position" in the MeshBuilder or leave the spline unrotated and rotate the MeshBuilder instead, both should work.

Ah, Ok. I tried checking the "Use world position" earlier, but it didn't do anything for me. I guess this is because i had the mesh builder ON the spline. I didn't know you are supposed to put them on separate objects.

Thanks a lot for the reply, although having to set them on separate objects does make things a bit more complicated for me.
(06-23-2014, 10:27 AM)'bezier' Wrote: Thanks a lot for the reply, although having to set them on separate objects does make things a bit more complicated for me.

You could parent both the spline and the MeshBuilder GameObject to a single GameObject, shouldn't make a big difference then to a single GameObject setup.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Using Unity's SplineContainer in Curvy Splines dlees9191 3 14 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
  Distance travelled across multiple splines jh092 1 7 02-23-2024, 09:44 AM
  Finding relative position across connected splines DekoGames 1 8 02-05-2024, 10:11 PM